Monday, January 9, 2012

Project 365 - A year in photos

I tried this a couple years ago, but failed after day 5.  I'm now on day 9 so I think I can publicly commit this year!

The object of this challenge is to sharpen your photography skills: take at least one photo a day for a year.  Mine has no theme other than just "my life." I'm sort of using it as a visual journal to see what was going on throughout the year.

Without further ado here we go!

January 1 - Rusty At Sleeping
Rusty at sleeping 1.365

This is my friend Punch's cat, Rusty. He's the sort of cat who is anyone's friend.  Poor little guy had just gotten in a fight with the cat next door on New Year's Day and needed some major nap time on my lap.  I was more than happy to offer up my services.

January 2 - Last Day of Vacay
Last Day of Vacay 2.365

Taken with Instagram (LOVE IT!!) it's my last glass of wine before winter break ended and I had to go back to work.  I savored it!

January 3 - FAIL! (See January 4)

January 4 - From Fail Comes Win!
From Fail Comes Win! 4.365
I realized as I woke up on Wednesday morning I forgot to take a picture on Tuesday....oh well, it became the subject of my next day's picture.  I'm not giving up though!

January 5 - A momentous occasion!
A momentous occasion! 5.365
If you look very closely you'll see a black blob on Wino's lap...that is our kitty Margot who has NEVER, I repeat NEVER sat on our laps before in her entire 6 years of existence!  While this isn't the best quality photo, it needed to be documented none-the-less.

January 6 - Friday Nights
Friday Nights 6.365
A typical Friday night in our house: wine, food, and tv.  (Yes, I still had my Christmas tree up then....we did take it down this past Sunday - Don't Judge ME!)

January 7 - Hexipuffs A-Go-Go
Hexipuffs A-Go-Go 7.365
My first ever hexipuff for my Beekeeper's Quilt.  Since Saturday I've knit nearly 3!  I'm aiming for 300 at minimum.

January 8 - Cliche, no?
Cliche, no? 8.365
Yeah, yeah, we set up the work out equipment around new years.....its a resolution of sorts but less to do with the new year and more to do with the "omg-I'm-turning-30-this-year-and-am-freaking-out-because-I-still-haven't-reached-my-weight-loss-goal-yet" thing.

Today's picture will come later tonight...once I take it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment