Monday, December 6, 2010

Smelly-goods!

I ordered a couple holiday-esqe candles from Gold Canyon and I got them today.  They smell fantastic and I can't wait to fire those critters up when I get home today!  I got Mulled Cider and Spruce & Citrus.  Now our house will actually smell like a x-mas tree (since my fake tree, sadly, is not scratch & sniff).

On another positive note, I finished the final square for Niece #1's afghan on Saturday!  Now I'm in the process of blocking the suckers so that the afghan will be a nice neat rectangle with no puckering when I sew it together.  Actually, my mom will be helping me sew it together this weekend.  Thank goodness she volunteered, otherwise I might not have it done in time.

I've started working on a hat from Lion Brand Yarn for Salt for X-mas, here's what it'll look like when it's finished:

Cute, no? 

It's going to be this color:


The color is really a lot prettier in person.  There's flecks of yellow in there.  To be honest, though, this cap is a pain in the butt.  I'm terrible at keeping count while I'm crocheting because I'm usually watching TV or something else that requires brain cells... this is taking many brain cells and stitch markers to complete.  But that's ok, it's worth it, and if I like it, I'm going to even make myself one!

I've still got to get a shawl done for my sister before the 26th....time is a-tickin'.  I just wish I could crochet at work (other than at my lunch break), that would help me get a lot more done! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment