Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 5 (mid-day update)

Word Count: 9705

Boo-ya!  Nearly 10K in less than the first week.  I'm feeling pretty good and comfortable with my "slow and steady" approach.  Granted, I did get about a day ahead at last night's write-in.

The write-in was fun.  I participated in my first word war, sadly I lost, but it was a great way to gain some words!  It's quite exhilarating to just get so in the zone that your fingers are flying across the keyboard and you aren't really needing to put much thought into what you're writing, it all just flows.  I will continue going to the write-ins this year.

I'm still really behind on my crochet project, but I've been so obsessed with writing that it got put on the back burner.  I've really got to whittle out some time to crochet this weekend.  I'm going to be doing word sprints and hooking sprints!

No comments:

Post a Comment