Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day 28

Word Count: 44,544

The end of NaNoWriMo '10 is drawing near.  I am so near a win!  I cannot believe this.  I have really picked up my game this year with my new lease on life.

What really motivated me this year (to lose weight, to train for a 5K, to finally win NaNoWriMo) was something someone told me in December last year: "You have no motivation, you never finish anything you start.  Every year you start NaNoWriMo and never finish; you always complain about being over weight, but you never do anything about it."

Those words hit home, they stung but they were true.  That's who I have always been.  It's a miracle I actually followed through with my master's degree, to be honest.  I even considered quitting on that!  But seriously, I constantly start things that I don't finish; it's a huge character flaw of mine.  I really do have trouble with motivation.  This new Kathy that got created in June is the person that I've always wanted to be.  I've never been happier with myself, and that's really all that matters.  I didn't start out on this journey to prove the person wrong who told me I have no motivation (though that's a sweet bonus), because they made me see that it was true.  I've really done all of this to show myself that I CAN.

Who needs New Year's Resolutions when you can create your own New Life Resolutions anytime you want!?

I'll see you all at the finish line!  (I'm hoping that'll be later today ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment