Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 5--Days 1 & 2

So no video blog for these two days. Life has been pretty hectic this past week, and I just can't find the time to sit down and record.  So you get to read instead! :)

Let's start with Week 5, Day 1:

Wow was this easier than all of Week 4 put together.  I was so pumped when I finished that last 5 minute run (tired but pumped).  I just couldn't believe that this was so much easier than Week 4.  It seemed too good to be true.  Secretly I was dreading Day 2....but at the same time I was excited about it.  There were only 2 runs...of course they're 8 minutes each, but still just 2 runs.  Somehow that seems more manageable than 4 runs, or even 3...I'm not sure why.

So on to today's run Week 5, Day 2:

I KICKED SOME MAJOR BUTT!!!!!!!!!!  It was so great, the 8 minutes FLEW by.  No seriously, don't balk...I know some of you are still behind me, and you've got to be saying "Really?  8 minutes?  You complained about 3 being too long how is 8 easier than 3??"  I cannot answer that question, I really can't, I just have to tell you that it is!  When you get here you'll understand.

I had a little trouble picking back up for the last run.  In the 5 minute walk my knee started to get stiff and it took me a bit to work that out after I started running again, it really slowed me down, but that 8 minutes were over before I knew it.  When the chime went off and my phone said "Cool Down" I actually looked at the phone to make sure it was right, I didn't believe it that I'd been jogging for 8 minutes already.

This feeling that I've got today is really empowering.  I feel like I can conquer the world!  It's such a rush.  I never knew what people talked about when they said they get a "runner's high" but I felt it today, and I'm still feeling it, 4 hours after my run was over.  It's incredible!

Bring on Week 5, Day 3!  You don't scare me!

No comments:

Post a Comment