Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Legs Hurt

Well, a long day is over, but it was worth it. Prior to the event it was estimated that around 10,000 people would participate in today's race. It really seemed like it could have hit that many. We were about in the middle of the pack and looking behind us there were people for a good half mile behind us and in front of us. Pretty amazing, and a great opportunity to get all choked up thinking about all the great people who care so much for this cause.
I forget how long 5K is every year. Right around the 2 mile marker my legs start complaining loudly to my brain to turn the switch to "off." Luckily my brain only listens to orders from me, and I shouted "no! we must continue!" Then to show the mutinous little buggers I'd speed up and they'd groan. Quite funny actually.
Now that that's behind me I can begin focusing on other things...like my overwhelming urge to just get this darn novel started so I can finish it. I've been practicing kicking my inner editor out of my head while writing some random word prompts. I'm doing pretty well just ignoring him and trudging on even when what I'm writing isn't gramatically correct.
Well, that's all for today, I'm going to go carve my Halloween pumpkin.
Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment